16 October 2008

Day 3: Scuba diving!


As we got up on Sunday morning we drove to Nanwan beach which is one of the best places to do scuba diving in Taiwan – from the guidebook. We arranged a meeting with a Canadian scuba diver, John who guide both beginner and advanced scuba divers into the life of corals trough all the year. It was a long process to dress up in the proper clothes and prepare the equipments… we were so excited how it will be…this was the first time for me and Maciej. I’ve always wanted to try out scuba diving, but up to now I never got the chance to do it…and now it became reality…I couldn’t wait to get to the beach! :) In the full wearing it is really hard to move, but in the water the extra weights are advantage. Although, in vertical direction you move by inflating or deflating your waistcoat you wear with the backpack. The most difficult part – I think – is to get used to the pressure in 4-10 m deep. My ears hearted a lot at the beginning but as we moved slowly into more depth it was ok. The maximum was 10 meters we dived down and overall we spent around 50 minutes underwater. It was enough time I think to learn how to move with all the stuff on your back and than to admire the life of the corals…I absolutely loved it! When we came out and changed, I took some underwater pictures and a short movie with my new camera (Pentax W60)…it’s really cool.
So after this great experience – what we will never forget – we went to eat to a scuba divers’ favourite restaurant and than we left this beautiful place to drive back to Taipei. I believe that for each of us this was one of the greatest weekends ever and the best one for sure since we are here in Taiwan.

1 comment:

Shihchuan said...

Gosh, I'd love to go scuba diving one day too......it looks so nice.......you guys really had a wonderful vactation!