08 September 2008

Dinner with Anna's family


I've got an invitation from Anna to visit her family and have a dinner together at their home. There were no question that I will be there. They live in a suburban district of Taipei which is also lively at nights but somehow the streets had a different impression on me than the ones around the campus. It's so relaxing to walk through them...
Anna’s parents and her brother are also very nice people. I was lucky to meet with her father as he works for a Taiwanese engineering company in China so he spend most of his time far from his family. Anna’s mother is a teacher at a local school and also an excellent chef! The dinner was an amazing representation of the delicious Chinese cousin. The tasty mushroom with pasta and pork was a very good mixture with all the variously prepared vegetables. One interesting thing about the Chinese eating habits is that the soup is always after the main menu.
Later we ate some Taiwanese dessert fruits while we had a nice chat. I think with this dinner at Anne’s home I gained an insight into the warm hospitality of the Taiwanese people. Thank you very much for this evening!

No comments: