07 September 2008

Taipei 101


On the first day I went to the Taipei 101 with Anna. I thought the best way to start exploring a city is to go to the highest point. I think I managed it as the Taipei 101 is the tallest building in the world with its 509 meters high. The elevator is also a Guinness record: the fastest one! It took only 36 sec to go to the top floor...And than: WOW!! The view from there is so amazing! We had a look around on the city and I just realised how big is Taipei...it’s massive, there are so many mountains
around and there is also a winding river with lots of bridges.
I bought some postcards and send them from the top...yeah, for the lucky ones back home...
After a while we went back to the campus to have lunch. This was the first proper food since I’m here...typical Chinese food: beef soup with noodles...”I have to get used to it” :) no...it was really delicious!!
Than I had a siesta on the grass somewhere in the campus to enjoy the hot Taiwanese sun....and to try to set in the
local time! :)

Some more picture:

http://picasaweb.google.com/tamasintaiwan

No comments: