19 September 2008

I've started my 2nd year!


On this week the courses has started in each collage. My one is the Management one, wherein I belong to the Business Administration Department. I take 3 courses; Accounting for Managerial Decisions, International Marketing Management and Information Management. These are more-less similar to those what I would study at Sussex during the autumn period. The method of teaching is a bit different from the English one as teachers prefer to give all the course lectures on one day. So this means I have 3 lectures for each of my courses on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and that’s it! I like it very much!:)
From the 29th of September I will start the Chinese class as well by having 2 hours in the morning from Monday till Friday. This will give me more than 120 hours of Mandarin which, I hope will be enough to acquire the basics…or at least to give me motivation to carry on later. We will see!

Yeah...and what about sport? Oh well...check out the pictures about our tremendous sport complex...you can get everything there... Now I obtained my pass for both gym and swimming facilities which valid for a half year! (It was only 1550 NTD/26 GBP/33 EUR/8000 HUF for the two one) …wow! :) So I plan to go there at least 3 times a week…and in the meantime I decided to learn some traditional Chinese martial art…what about Kung-fu? Sounds great! It has some connection to Karate Wado-ryu what I do for 8 years now back home. Also I curious about the use of sword in harmony with the movements of the body!
My lovely volunteer student, Anna has already found a local Kung-fu association…the registration is in process! :)
In my spare time, which means if I’m not in hurry to my classes…or to meet up friends to go out to some club at nights (usually Wednesday>Ladies night! or on ‘Saturday night fever’ as usual…:))… I enjoy the sights of this beautiful campus (I made a folder about NTU in my google pics album). It’s really awesome place for students….full of nice restaurants, cafeterias, shops all affordable for the poor local and exchange student’s pocket all day long. The size of the whole campus is around 1.5 of the size of Sussex’ s campus (where I lived for the 1st year) so it’s big..very big. Almost every student’s has a bike except me…ok I’m not so sad as I will get one tomorrow! Anyway, to have a bike here is crucial to get from one place to an other in human time…
There are lots of places under the palms to study or just relax during the hot sunny hours with some cool juice enjoying the company of funny local students…these green places remember me that I’m in the tropical zone actually….it also makes me happy even if this weather is way too hot. Anyway, my suggestion for others is to lie on the grass in the shadows of palm trees and just forget about everything...:)

Check out more pictures:
http://picasaweb.google.com/tamasintaiwan

1 comment:

Shihchuan said...

You are so lucky XD. we have classes Monday to Friday ><........
And I agree, yes, NTU can be a great place if you know how to enjoy yourself in it!!